News from the Speech and Language Processing TC

You are here

Inside Signal Processing Newsletter Home Page

10 years of news and resources for members of the IEEE Signal Processing Society

Published in TC News on 1 August 2017

By Izhak Shafran and Andrew Rosenberg (Reposted from the SLTC Newsletter)

Dear Readers,

Welcome to the IEEE Speech and Language Processing Technical Committee's Newsletter!

This issue features the next installment of our regular column, "Getting to Know Your Fellow Researchers", highlighting Douglas O'Shaughnessy, who is a Professor at INRS-Télécommunications (University of Quebec) in Montreal, Canada and the author of the textbook Speech Communications: Human and Machine (IEEE Press, 2000). He has contributed immensely to the IEEE society for a number of years now.

We would like to draw your attention to the JSALT summer workshop being held at CMU this summer. To help you keep abreast of the developments at the workshop, we have provided relevant links in the related article below.

This issue also includes a review of the 2017 ICASSP held at New Orleans and the announcement of the creation of Yajie Miao Memorial Student student travel grant.

This newsletter is an ideal forum for updates, reports, announcements and editorials which don't fit well with traditional journals. We welcome your contributions, as well as calls for papers, job announcements, comments and suggestions. You can submit job postings here, and contact the TC via this form, or send mail to speechnewseds@listserv.ieeeto propose articles.

To subscribe to the Newsletter, send an email with the command "subscribe speechnewsdist" in the message body tolistserv@listserv.ieee.(link sends e-mail).

Izhak Shafran, Editor-in-Chief
Andrew Rosenberg, Editor

Get to Know Your Fellow Researchers: Douglas O'Shaughnessy

Edited by Izhak Shafran

Conference Review: ICASSP 2017

Emily Mower Provost

2017 Jelinek Memorial Summer School and Workshop on Speech and Language Technology (JSALT)

Florian Metze

Creation of Yajie Miao Memorial Student Travel Grants

Florian Metze

Calls for Papers, Proposals, and ParticipationEdited by Andrew Rosenberg

Job Advertisements

Edited by Andrew Rosenberg

SPS on Facebook

SPS on Twitter

SPS Videos

Careers in Signal Processing

What is Signal Processing?      

ICASSP 2016-Opening Ceremony & Awards

Signal Processing and Machine Learning