Are you interested in joining a community of diverse, dynamic, professional engineers? Are you a Software Engineer who is looking for an opportunity in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual and working in a team setting? Our company is focused on achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity. Our team makes a difference in protecting our military men and women both at home and overseas.
We have an opportunity for software engineers within the Naval Radar Software Department in Marlborough, Massachusetts. The Naval Radar Software Department mission is to provide world class Radar Software to be used in military systems deployed at sea and on land. Our software teams employ an Agile Scrum process to rapidly design, code, integrate and test capabilities on a continuous basis into a mature solution for our customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms.
A work/life balance is an important value at Raytheon. Our 9/80 work schedule offers flexibility to help successfully balance the work/life commitments. Located on scenic Hagar Pond in Marlborough, our 168 acre facility has miles of nature trails, plus softball, basketball and volleyball courts to enjoy. It contains a large fitness center with full locker rooms, a dining center, research library and a fully staffed medical facility. We have several employee resource groups, with a focus on networking, new hire outreach, career development and community service.
.The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, debugging and fixing problems with the Radar software applications, as well as supporting software integration and verification efforts. Our radar software applications, including implementations of signal processing algorithms and time critical control functions, involved in direct control of sensor systems, are developed using C++ and Java programming languages running Linux or UNIX operating systems on a variety of computing platforms. This position will also include working closely with Software Architects and Principal Systems, Hardware, and Software engineers to interpret requirements and correctly implement these requirements in software. There are travel opportunities available to support the radar systems at various sites.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
These position can be a salary grade G09 or G10 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
• 6 plus years’ experience on all phases of Software Engineering including:
• Experience with C++
• Linux or UNIX experience
• Experience developing software in a team based development environment, preferably Agile/SCRUM
• Broad real-time, multi-threaded software development experience
• Software development experience of a Signal Processing application
• Experience in developing and optimizing algorithms for performance
• US citizenship is required.
• Existing secret clearance, or ability to obtain an interim clearance
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing and continuous integration
• Software development experience in a DoD environment
• Radar domain knowledge
• Strong problem solving ability
• Self-starter and ability to lead development, integration and test activities
• Familiarity with the following Software Tools: Rational Rhapsody, Clear Case and Team Concert, Jenkins, DOORS
• Strong Object-Oriented Design Knowledge including UML
• Direct experience implementing complex signal processing algorithms in C++ meeting latency and throughput performance requirements or experience in implementing complex control operations in software with defined performance timelines
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
Required Education (Including Major):
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering