1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
The Member Election Subcommittee of the SLTC is seeking nominations for new SLTC Members for a 3-year term (2018-2020). Nominations should be submitted by filling out the web form at https://www.icsi.berkeley.edu/
New member candidates can be self-nominated or nominated by current SLTC members. Members will serve a term of three years. Past SLTC members are eligible to be nominated for a second term. Current SLTC members may also be nominated for a second consecutive term, but would then not be eligible to vote in this new member election. Additional terms are allowed after leaving the SLTC, but at least a 3-year gap in service is required.
The SLTC is also filling the position of Vice Chair. Candidates can be self-nominated or nominated by current SLTC members. Current SLTC members may also be nominated for Vice Chair. Interested candidates may run for both SLTC Vice Chair and a regular Member position and would choose one position if successful in both. The winner of the Vice Chair post will move up to the Chair post for the years 2019-2020. Each nominee for Vice Chair must confirm in writing their willingness to serve and perform the duties described in the Society's Bylaws and Policies and Procedures if elected. Each nominee must also submit a one-page position statement and/or vitae.
New members must be willing to review papers that are submitted to the Society's conferences within the area of the SLTC, review papers for workshops owned or co-owned by the SLTC, serve in the subcommittees established by the SLTC, and perform other duties as assigned. SLTC members will be elected by the members of the SLTC itself based on the needs of the SLTC. The election results will be finalized by November 30, 2017.
The rights and duties of an SLTC member are described here: http://www.
The following are nominee requirements:
1. The candidate must be a member of the IEEE Signal Processing Society.
2. The candidate should be willing to serve if elected. This means active participation including prompt paper reviews for 4 ICASSPs (2018-2020), active participation in accomplishing SLTC sub-committee duties, and best efforts to attend meetings and responding appropriately to action items.
The nomination deadline is November 15, 2017.
The Member Election Subcommittee of the SLTC: Andreas Stolcke, Doug Reynolds, Olivier Siohan, Steve Renals, and Takehiro Moriya.
© Copyright 2020 IEEE – All rights reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the IEEE Terms and Conditions.
A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.