The technology we use, and even rely on, in our everyday lives –computers, radios, video, cell phones – is enabled by signal processing. Learn More »
1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
Over the next few decades, the IRE Professional Group on Audio evolved to become known as the IEEE Signal Processing Society, helping establish the discipline. Today, signal processing is known as the enabling technology for the generation, transformation and interpretation of information and the Signal Processing Society has more than 19,000 members through 170 Chapters worldwide.
This monograph is a companion monograph that tells the story of signal-processing technologies over the same 50-year period.
© Copyright 2023 IEEE – All rights reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the IEEE Terms and Conditions.
A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.