1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
10 years of news and resources for members of the IEEE Signal Processing Society
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at The George Washington University (GW) invites applications from individuals interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, for a fully-supported program concentrating in signal and image processing.
The program combines doctoral study at The George Washington University with the applied research effort of Corbin Company’s Technical Services Division supporting the U.S. Army’s Night Vision and Electronic Sensors Directorate (NVESD) located in Ft. Belvoir, Virginia.
During the doctoral program, the successful candidate will receive base annual compensation commensurate with experience of at least $45,000, plus tuition and other expenses, with eligibility for full benefits plan (i.e., paid leave and holidays, 401(k), medical and dental coverage). This program’s duration is designed for as many as five years. Interested candidates should be available for research beginning in summer 2012 and prior to matriculation in the doctoral program in the fall of 2012.
To be considered for this program, the candidate must:
(1) have a Master’s degree in electrical engineering or a closely-related field before May 31, 2012,
(2) must have cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher,
(3) meet the doctoral admission requirements of ECE,
(4) be a U.S. citizen, and must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
Applications must be received before 15 Feb 2012 to be considered.
For further information, please contact Chris Whitty at Corbin Company for a preliminary application form. Please do not send personal or academic information until requested.
Chris Whitty, Assistant Vice President, Talent
99 Canal Center Plaza, Alexandria, Virginia 22314
(source: IEEE Job site)
© Copyright 2020 IEEE – All rights reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the IEEE Terms and Conditions.
A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.