1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
Digital Voice Systems, Inc. (DVSI) is seeking a qualified Speech Research & Development Engineer at our office in Westford, MA. This is a great opportunity to join our team of world class engineers in designing high quality voice compression technology that is implemented in hundreds of millions of telecommunication systems world-wide.
The ideal candidate will play a key role in the research and development of DVSI's next generation of digital speech compression technology including speech analysis; speech modeling; model parameter estimation; quantization; speech synthesis; error correction and mitigation methods; as well as, echo cancellation and noise reduction.
• Research and development experience in speech or audio
• Knowledge of programming languages, i.e. C/C++, Matlab etc.
• PhD (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering with an emphasis in Signal Processing
• U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency required
• Competitive salary
• Benefits package
• Excellent working environment
Founded in 1988, Digital Voice Systems, Inc. (DVSI) is the world leader in the development of low data rate, high-quality speech compression products for use in digital mobile radio, satellite and other wireless communication systems. DVSI’s patented line of Multi-Band Excitation vocoders have been successfully implemented in a full range of private and standards-based digital communication systems worldwide.