1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
10 years of news and resources for members of the IEEE Signal Processing Society
(Source: Information from IEEE Jobsite)
Job Title: Systems Engineer - Signal Processing / PHY Algorithms
Division: Qualcomm Atheros
Job Area: Engineering - Software
Location: California - San Jose
Job Function: Qualcomm Atheros (QCA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qualcomm and a leading provider of wireless and wired technologies for the mobile, networking, computing and consumer electronics markets. Were focused on inventing technologies that connect and empower people in ways that are elegant and accessible to all.
- 5+ years hands-on experience in digital signal processing algorithms design for wireless systems
- familiar with state-of-the-art physical layer techniques used in OFDM, GPS, and multiple antenna systems
- Extensive lab experience and debugging capability
- Experience in Wireless LAN, Wireless WAN, cellular networks
- Knowledge of media access control (MAC) protocols
- Knowledge of RF systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Responsibilities: We are looking for a Staff System Engineer to design and implement advanced signal processing algorithms for wireless communications systems. This individual will need to be able to work independently, deliver complete system solutions from concept to fully tested and demonstrable implementation. This individual will also need to lead technical efforts and interface with other teams for ASIC and/or SW implementations.
Required Requirements: Master's, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
Preferred Requirements: Doctorate, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
© Copyright 2022 IEEE – All rights reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the IEEE Terms and Conditions.
A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.