1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
10 years of news and resources for members of the IEEE Signal Processing Society
Researchers from Google, Verily Life Sciences, and Stanford School of Medicine have developed an algorithm to predict cardiovascular risk factors from retinal fundus photographs. Their model was trained from 48,101 patients from the UK Biobank and 236,234 patients from EyePACS using deep learning, and validated on 12,026 patients from the UK Biobank and 999 patients from EyePACS. It is able to predict cardiovascular risk factors not previously thought to be present or quantifiable in retinal images, such as age, gender, smoking status, systolic blood pressure and major adverse cardiac events.
© Copyright 2018 IEEE – All rights reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the IEEE Terms and Conditions.
A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.