1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
PhD Studentships in Signal Processing Techniques
Programe of Electrical Engineering, Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Applications are invited for PhD studentships in signal processing techniques. These studentships are funded by the CNPq/CAPES research councils in Brazil. The topic of the project is open in the broad area of signal processing techniques. Potential topics include:
- Adaptive signal processing algorithms
- Distributed signal processing techniques
- Array signal processing: beamforming, direction finding and localization
- Detection and estimation algorithms
- Sparsity-aware and compressive sensing algorithm
The application areas are: wireless communications, wireless sensor networks, internet of things (IoT) and radar and sonar systems
Deadline for application: 29th June 2018
Start date: mid August 2018
The activities will involve the development of system and signal models using linear algebra, simulation tools, development signal processing algorithms and analytical approaches.
This is an exciting international opportunity for candidates with (or expecting) an MEng or an MSc with First Class Honours in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or related areas. Amongst the key technical disciplines are an excellent level of mathematics, development of algorithms and design of sensor array systems. The successful candidates will be based at the PUC-Rio, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, will visit international partners, and is expected to attend international conferences and collaborate extensively with international experts.
The studentships are open to everyone, cover the tuition fees, and give a stipend of about US$ 850 per month for 4 years subject to an annual increase. Additional funding might be available with industrial projects and requires extra 4-6 hours per week.
Applicants should send an up to date CV with photo, a one-page personal statement, full contact details (including email addresses) of 2 referees, transcripts and publications to:
Prof. Rodrigo C de Lamare (http://delamare.cetuc.puc-rio.br/) - email@example.com