1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
News and Resources for Members of the IEEE Signal Processing Society
"Discrete Fourier and Wavelet Transforms: An Introduction through Linear Algebra with Applications to Signal Processing" is a new undergraduate textbook authored by Roe W Goodman from Rutgers University. This textbook for undergraduate mathematics, science, and engineering students introduces the theory and applications of discrete Fourier and wavelet transforms using elementary linear algebra, without assuming prior knowledge of signal processing or advanced analysis.
- Accessible account of the theory and applications of discrete Fourier and wavelet transforms based on ten years of classroom use
- Introduction of discrete wavelet transforms for digital signals via elementary lifting steps and filter banks
- Interweaving of mathematical theory with examples and applications to digital signal processing and image compression
- Computer explorations of signal and image processing in each chapter
- Mathematical concepts clarified by more than 90 figures and 75 exercises with detailed solutions
Sample chapter is available here: www.worldscientific.com/worldscibooks/10.1142/9835
|Call for Officer Nominations: Vice President-Technical Directions
|2 February 2024
|Nominate an IEEE Fellow today!
|7 February 2024
|Deadline Extended: Call for Nominations for IEEE SPS Editors-in-Chief
|15 February 2024
|Call for Nominations: Society-Level Fellow Search Committee
|1 March 2024
|Call for Nominations: IEEE T-MM 2024 Multimedia Prize Paper Award
|31 March 2024
© Copyright 2024 IEEE – All rights reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the IEEE Terms and Conditions.
A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.