1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
Saarland University is a campus university that is internationally recognized for its strong research programmes. Fostering young academic talent and creating ideal conditions for teaching and research are a core part of the university’s mission. As part of the University of the Greater Region, Saarland University enables students and staff to share and exchange knowledge and ideas between disciplines, between universities and across borders. With over 17,000 national and international students, studying more than a hundred different academic disciplines, Saarland University is a diverse and dynamic learning environment. Saarland University is officially recognized as one of Germany’s family-friendly higher-education institutions and with a combined workforce of more than 4,000 it is one of the largest employers in the region.
Saarland University is inviting applications for the following position commencing at the earliest opportunity.
Two Researchers in the newly founded High Performance Computing (HPC) Centre with specialization in AI
Salary in accordance with the German TV-L salary scale, pay grade : E13, for 2 years possible extension to a 3rd year, employment: 100 % of standard working time (about 4000€ per month before tax and social security contributions).
Workplace/Department: Computer Science
Job requirements and responsibilities:
You will do AI research in one of the following areas
* High performance applications in AI (e.g. Vision/Knowledge and Language)
* Distributed AI algorithms and systems
* Scalability and performance of AI models
* Cooperate with the other members of the newly established high-performance computing (HPC) center at Saarland University
* Contribute to devising and implementing Saarland University’s HPC strategy
* Devise HPC-related training programs in the area of AI
* Help to build up and maintain the HPC cluster
Your academic qualifications:
Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Physics, Mathematics or comparable.
The successful candidate will also be expected to:
* Have a strong background in neural networks and more generally machine learning
* Have strong programming skills in C/C++ and scripting languages
* Have strong skills operating Linux/Unix-based systems
* Have experience with tutoring and consulting in the area AI
* Have experience in configuring and maintaining resource management/batch systems, such as PBS/Slurm
What we can offer you:
* A flexible work schedule allowing you to balance work and family
* A broad range of further education and professional development programmes
* An occupational health management model with numerous attractive options, such as our university sports programme Supplementary pension scheme (RZVK)
* Discounted tickets on local public transport services (‘Jobticket‘)
* The position provides the opportunity to pursue a PhD
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your meaningful online application including:
* a letter of motivation
* names of two references
* possibly other supportin documents
in a single PDF file or a link to a PDF file in case your application documents are larger than 3MB by 15.3.2022 (earlier applications welcome) to email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact us for assistance:
Prof. Dr. Philipp Slusallek and Prof. Dr. Dietrich Klakow