1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
2022 IEEE SLTC Workshop Sub-Committee
Following on the success of the bi-annual ASRU workshop over the past decade, the IEEE Speech and Language Technical Committee invites proposals to host the 2023 IEEE Workshop on Automatic Speech Recognition and Understanding (ASRU 2023). Past ASRU workshops have fostered a collegiate atmosphere through a thoughtful selection of venues, thus offering a unique opportunity for researchers to interact and learn.
The proposal should include the information outlined below.
● Workshop location and practicalities
○ Geographical location
○ Workshop venue (facilities, meeting rooms, network access during the workshop, audio/visual equipment)
○ Accommodation -- hotel availability and pricing
○ Transportation options -- major airports, logistics, visas
○ In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, we ask that proposals include information about how they would handle the situation where the COVID-19 outbreak was still on-going at the time of ASRU 2023 (typically, December 2023).
● Approximate workshop dates
○ Previous workshops have been held in the month of December
○ A statement about the certainty of holding the workshop at the proposed venue, including whether the venue has been officially reserved, and until when the reservation is valid
● Approximate total cost to participants to attend, including accommodation, meals, and registration fees.
● Estimated budget for 300-400+ participants and expected sponsorships, including venue costs, administration, banquet, coffee breaks, publication costs, etc.
● Committee Personnel
○ General chair(s)
○ Technical chairs
○ Local arrangements chair(s)
○ Other committee members and roles
● Tentative program
○ Dates for paper submission, notification of acceptance, proposals for demonstrations, early registration
○ Reception, talks, posters, demo session, banquet, etc.
○ Substantial program additions/changes vs. past instances of ASRU
The deadline for proposals is Friday, June 10, 2022. Send proposals and questions to the workshop sub-committee: Zhijian Ou (email@example.com), Abdelrahman Mohamed (firstname.lastname@example.org), Helen Hastie (email@example.com), Seokhwan Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org), Hagai Aronowitz (email@example.com), Sibel Oyman (firstname.lastname@example.org). In June, the IEEE SLTC will review proposals, and selection results are expected by July 15, 2022.
If you are interested in submitting a proposal, we encourage you to contact the workshop sub-committee in advance of submitting a proposal. They can provide an example of a past successful proposal and example budget. Further, proposers who make contact before Friday, 29 April 2022 may be invited to briefly present in-person or virtually at the annual IEEE SLTC meeting at ICASSP 2022, 22-27 May 2022, in Singapore, to obtain feedback from the SLTC (https://2022.ieeeicassp.org/). Presentations should be reasonably specific but need not be complete. Note that the SLTC does not have funding available for travel to ICASSP.
The organizers of the ASRU workshop do not have to be SLTC members, and we encourage submissions from all potential organizers. IEEE SLTC members are welcome to participate on proposals, and the organizing committees of past ASRU events have included many SLTC members. To maintain fairness of selection, SLTC members who are affiliated with an ASRU 2023 proposal will not participate in the ASRU 2023 selection vote. Further, the members of the workshops sub-committee may not be affiliated with any ASRU 2023 proposal. Please feel free to distribute this call for proposals far and wide, and invite members of the speech and language community at large to submit a proposal to organize the next ASRU workshop.
For more information on the most recent workshops, please see:
https://asru2021.org for information about ASRU 2021 in Cartagena, Colombia
https://asru2019.org for information about ASRU 2019 in Sentosa, Singapore
https://asru2017.org for information about ASRU 2017 in Okinawa, Japan
http://asru2015.org for information about ASRU 2015 in Scottsdale, Arizona
http://asru2013.org for information about ASRU 2013 in Olomouc, Czech Republic
And feel free to contact the workshops sub-committee with questions.
Zhijian Ou (email@example.com)
Abdelrahman Mohamed (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Helen Hastie (email@example.com)
Seokhwan Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hagai Aronowitz (email@example.com)
Sibel Oyman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
© Copyright 2023 IEEE – All rights reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the IEEE Terms and Conditions.
A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.