1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
10 years of news and resources for members of the IEEE Signal Processing Society
(Source: Information from IEEE Jobsite)
Job Title: Systems Engineer - Multimedia Signal Processing (US Citizenship Required)
Division: Qualcomm Government
Job Area: Engineering - Systems
Location: California - San Diego
Job Function: Qualcomm Government Technologies has a mission to promote and advance Qualcomm's wireless terrestrial and satellite communication technologies to the government community of users. New products, innovations, research and development in all areas of the company's technology are applied to address the unique communication challenges of government users. In this role, as a Systems Engineer, you will support government-sponsored research and development of such systems, including adaptation and extension of commercial systems to novel applications and environments, as well as internal development efforts.
Skills/Experience: Candidates must have audio and/or video expertise in addition to possessing a strong understanding of digital signal processing. Experience with cellular networks and technology (CDMA, WCDMA, GSM) a plus.
* Speech signal processing
* Array signal processing (beam forming, MRC)
* Blind signal separation
* Estimation theory
* Strong background in linear algebra
* Software skills such as Matlab, C, C++
* Communication theory desired
* In-depth knowledge of commercial video codec standards
* Commercial video and image compression standards with real-time design experience
* Image and video processing algorithms
* Graphics processing and OpenGL is desirable
* Familiarity with 3GPP, 3GPP2 multimedia standards and wireless a plus
Responsibilities: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Must be a U.S. citizen and be eligible for, or have held a Secret or Top Secret clearance in the past. This job will require an active TS/SCI clearance.
Requirements: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science required. Ph.D. preferred.
© Copyright 2022 IEEE – All rights reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the IEEE Terms and Conditions.
A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.