1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
PhD and Postdoc positions available,
- For research in Wireless Communication Networks, Signal Processing, Information Theory, and Caching.
- at EURECOM - Sophia Antipolis, France (ideally located in the heart of the French Riviera, inside the multi-cultural silicon valley of Europe).
(EURECOM is one of Europe's premium Graduate Schools in telecommunications. English is the official and only language of the University)
Positions are offered within the framework of the ERC Consolidator Grant
*DUALITY*: "Theoretical foundations of memory micro-insertions in wireless communications" (project starts in March 2017, and has duration 5+ years).
DUALITY aims to lay the theoretical foundations of applying memory/caching in wireless communications networks. Subtopics may also include cloud-based communications, massive MIMO, mmWave, fundamentals of network information theory, and the complexity of information extraction in communications. Practical applications (simulations and validation in EURECOM's open-air interface hardware platform) may also be of interest.
To apply, please email complete CV to petros.elia[at]eurecom.fr (http://www.eurecom.fr/~elia/)
Please indicate "DUALITY position” in the e-mail subject line.
Applicants for a PhD position (3 years) must have an MSc, and must have a good background in the mathematics of telecommunications, and some background in information theory.
Applicants for a Post-Doctoral position (1,2 or 5 years) must have a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or Applied Mathematics/Stat, or related fields, and must have strong research in telecommunications (with emphasis on information theory, interference management, networking, caching, etc.), and academic excellence including publications in top journals and international conferences.
- Competitive salary (PhD students receive approximately 2000 euros) and strong social benefits.
- Funding supports joint collaboration and travel to Yale University, USA and TU Berlin.
- Frontier research: "European Research Council (ERC) grants support frontier research. The ERC encourages in particular proposals that cross disciplinary boundaries, pioneering ideas that address new and emerging fields and applications that introduce unconventional, innovative approaches."
EURECOM enjoys a special status within the group of French Ivy League schools, or “Grandes Ecoles” as it is the only engineering school in France with a full English language curriculum. Besides teaching at the MSc and PhD levels, EURECOM’s activities mainly revolve around research in the domains of networking, computer security, data-science and mobile communications. It has some 150 employees, including 125 scientists.