1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
Title: Speech research/machine learning internship @Alibaba
Time: Summer/Fall, 2018
Job location: Seattle / San Francisco / Beijing
A willingness to be a better you on a day by day basis.
We are Machine Intelligence Technology -Intelligent Speech Interaction-Speech, Alibaba Group (U.S.) Inc. We enable hundreds of millions of commercial and social interactions among our users, between consumers and merchants, and among businesses every day though speech. We are on the top a gold mine of high quality big data with millions of real data samples.
What You’ll Do
Develop and refine algorithms to improve speech system performance under adverse conditions. To be specific, we will assign either of the following project to you according to your background:
1) Speaker recognition: feature engineering, modeling, deep learning, system fusion
2) Acoustic Event Identification: data purification, audio event classification, abnormal audio event detection
At the end of internship, a conference paper is expected.
Skills You’ll Need
MSc/PhD candidate in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
Proficiency in audio signal processsing and robust acoustic feature engineering is a plus
Experience with speech system performance improvements under adverse condition is a plus
Speaker/Language/Accent Identification is a plus
Speaker Recognition Anti-spoofing is a plus
Deep learning (DNN, CNN, LSTM)
Familiarity with C++, Python, Bash shell
Familiarity with ASR, DNN toolkits
Solid publication record
please use . to replace DOT
© Copyright 2019 IEEE – All rights reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the IEEE Terms and Conditions.
A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.