1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
At the University of Trento ( Italy ) we are looking for highly motivated and talented graduate students to join
our research team and work on Natural Language Understanding and Dialog Modeling / Systems.
The Signals and Interactive Systems Lab at University of Trento attracts researchers from
computational linguistics, psychology, electrical engineering and computer science to design, train and evaluate
the most advanced interactive and conversational systems.
You will join the research team that has been training intelligent machines and evaluating
AI-based systems for more than two decades, collaborating with leading research labs and
successful startups in the world.
You can check a sample of the projects in the area of Natural Language Understanding, Conversational
Systems and Personal Agents ( and more ) at:
The candidates should have strong background, past achievement records in
at least in one of the following areas:
- Natural Language Understanding
- Conversational Modeling and Systems
- Machine Learning
For more info on research and projects visit the lab website
Visit lab website at http://sisl.disi.unitn.it/
The official language (research and graduate teaching) of the department is English.
-Three-year funded Phd fellowships: approximately 1600 Euro/month gross amount .
-Six months funded research fellowships : approximately 1600 Euro/month gross amount .
For more information about cost of living, campus,
please visit the graduate school website at https://ict.unitn.it/prospective-student
Openings with start date as early as May 2019.
Positions open until filled.
MANDATORY ( for both positions )
- Master degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Machine Learning or
similar or related disciplines.
- Strong academic records
- Strong programming skills
- Excellent command of oral and written English
- Good knowledge of most of the following: experimental design methodology and statistics,
natural language processing , machine learning methods
- Excellent team-work skills
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send their
2) At least three reference letters sent to:
For more info:
Signals and Interactive Systems Lab: http://sisl.disi.unitn.it/
PhD School : http://ict.unitn.it/
Department : http://disi.unitn.it/
Information Engineering and Computer Science Department (DISI)
DISI has a strong focus on cross-disciplinarity with professors from different
faculties of the University (Physical Science, Electrical Engineering, Economics,
Social Science, Cognitive Science, Computer Science) with international
background. DISI aims at exploiting the complementary experiences present in the
various research areas in order to develop innovative methods, technologies and
University of Trento
The University of Trento is consistently ranked as premiere Italian university institution.
University of Trento is an equal opportunity employer.