1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
Open date: November 19th, 2019
Next review date: Friday, Jan 3, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Friday, Feb 28, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The UCI Department of Biomedical Engineering (BME) in the Henry Samueli School of Engineering is recruiting a highly motivated and creative individual for a postdoctoral scholar position with a focus on applications of artificial intelligence in cardiac MRI. The projects at Kheradvar research Group (KLAB) are at the intersection of engineering, mathematical sciences, clinical cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, and developmental biology. The candidate will be working on a joint project between Prof. Kheradvar and Prof. Jafarkhani (the UCI’s Center for Pervasive Communications and Computing (CPCC).
The desired candidates must have:
• Machine Learning & AI Experience
• Signal Processing/ Image Processing knowledge
• Understand Python architecture - must have a basic understanding of code primarily python.
• Experience working in a team as a dev or the team mind set in an Agile Environment
• Must understand AI algorithms so (coding & Math) at a level to DESIGN new algorithms
• Must be up to date with AI Architecture
• Plus: Experience in MRI
• Plus: Web developer experience
Requirements: Ph.D. in electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, computer science/engineering, physics, mathematics, statistics, or related fields. Ability to work well with a diverse group of scientists. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
The initial appointment for this position will be for 1 year with potential for renewal. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and years of experience. NIH scale will be used to determine salary, and a generous benefits package is provided per the university policies. Note: Total duration of an individual’s postdoctoral service may not exceed five years, including postdoctoral service at other institutions.
Application Procedure: Applicants will need to upload curriculum vitae, name/addresses of at least three references and cover letter expressing area(s) of interest to our online RECRUIT system at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF05862
Screening will begin on January 3, 2020 and continue until position is filled.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
More information about this recruitment: http://engineering.uci.edu/dept/bme
Apply here: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF05862