1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
Engineer Mustafa Mumtaz
Date of Birth:18 December, 1984
Google Scholar Link: http://scholar.google.com.pk/citations?user=tenhlTYAAAAJ
ACM Digital Library Link: http://dl.acm.org/author_page.cfm?id=81456626504
Digital Image Processing
Qualification / Education:
1. Bachelors in Avionics Engineering, National University of Science and Technology, Pakistan 2008
2. Masters in Engineering (Telecommunications), NED University of Engineering and Technology, Pakistan 2018
1. Palmprint Based Personal Identification Using Contourlet and Non Subsampled Contourlet Transforms. Algorithm tested on large databases like palmprint database of Poly Tech University of Hong Kong and University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain.
2. An alternate way of Non Destructive Inspection of Aircraft Surface through Image Processing.
3. Iris Based Personal Biometric Recognition / Authentication system.
4. Designing Multimodal Biometric System
Travel Grants and conference participation
1. IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP) sponsored by IEEE Signal Processing Society in Egypt, 2009 for poster presentation of research paper.
2. International Biometric Conference IBC-2014 from 06-11 July, 2014 sponsored by International Biometric Society held in Florence, Italy for poster presentation of research paper.
3. International Conference on Latest Trends in Biotechnology and Biodiversity from 24-26 August, 2015 sponsored by Advancing Science Serving Society (AAAS) held in Dubai, UAE for poster presentation of research paper.
4. ISI World Statistic Congress, Malaysia in August 2019 by International Biometric Society
1. IEEE (2009 - 2013)
2. IEEE Signal Processing Society (2009-2010)
3. IEEE Communication Society 2010
4. Pakistan Engineering Council (www.pec.org.pk) (2013 till date)
5. Optical Society of America (http://www.osa.org/en-us/home/) (2015 to 2019)
6. International Biometric Society (http://www.biometricsociety.org/) (2014 till date)
7. USENIX The Advanced Computing Systems Association (https://www.usenix.org) 2016 till date
1. World Multi Conference on Systemic, Cybernetics and Informatics (WMSCI) in 2010
2. Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (2015 till date) (http://www.iiisci.org/Journal/SCI/JournalReviewers.asp?var=)
1. Turkish Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (since 2016)
Online International Courses undertaken (Certificates Attached)
1. Introduction to Internet of Things (IOT) from Curtin University, Australia, 03 May 2018
2. Introduction to Packet Tracer from Cisco Networking Academy, 07 May 2018
3. IOT (Sensors and Devices) from Curtin University, Australia, 03 July 2018
4. Introduction to Arduino Programming from Institut Mines Telecom, France, 31 July, 2018
5. Introduction to Cyber security from University of Washington, USA , 21 Sep 2018
Web link: http://www.ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_all.jsp?isnumber=4699312&arnumber=4699342&count=79&index=29
4. Mustafa Mumtaz,Atif Bin Mansoor, Hassan Masood, “Directional Energies Based Palmprint Identification using Non Subsampled Contourlet Transform” IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 2009), Cairo, Egypt.
5. Hassan Masood, Mohammad Asim, Mustafa Mumtaz,Atif Bin Mansoor, “Combined Contourlet and Non Subsampled Contourlet Transform Based Approach for Personal Identification using Palmprint” IEEE Digital Image Computing: Techniques and Applications (DICTA 2009), Melbourne, Australia.
6. Atif Bin Mansoor,Hassan Masood, Mustafa Mumtaz, SameemShabbir and Shoab A Khan, “An Evaluation of Wavelet Kernels for Palmprint Based Recognition” in conference of Articulated Motion and Deformable Objects (AMDO 2010), Mallorca, Spain.
Web link: http://www.springerlink.com/content/m21213601j267141/
7. Mustafa Mumtaz,Atif Bin Mansoor, Hassan Masood, “A New Approach to Aircraft Surface Inspection Based on Directional Energies of Texture” International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR 2010), Istanbul, Turkey
Web link: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_all.jsp?arnumber=5597881
8. Salauh-ud-Din,Atif Bin Mansoor,Mustafa Mumtaz and Hassan Masood, “Directional Energy Based Feature Level Multimodal System using Palm and Fingerprints” in IEEE International Workshop on Emerging Techniques and Challenges for Hand-based Biometrics (ETCHB) in conjunction with International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR 2010), Istanbul, Turkey.
Web link: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_all.jsp?arnumber=5559282
9. Atif Bin Mansoor, Hassan Masood, Mustafa Mumtaz and Shoab A Khan, “Development and Evaluation of Combined Wavelet Based Palmprint Identification System” in Pakistan Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research (PJSIR), Islamabad, Pakistan. Vol. 53 No. 4
Web link: http://www.pjsir.org/documents/journals/06102010041559_Abstract-53(4)2010.pdf
10. Atif Bin Mansoor,Hassan Masood, Mustafa Mumtaz and Shoab A Khan, “A Feature Level Multimodal Approach for Palmprint Identification using Directional Subband Energies” in Journal of Network and Computer Applications (JNCA) 2010, Vol 34, Issue 1
Web link: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jnca.2010.08.004
11. Salah-Ud-Din,Atif Bin Mansoor, Mustafa Mumtaz ,RafiaMumtaz, “Bayesian Decision Fusion of Palm and Finger Prints for Personal Identification", Proceedings of the International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Industrial Application, PACIIA 2010, No. -, pp. -, Dec 2010, Wuhan China.
Web link: http://wap.cnki.net/yanshi/acadetail.aspx?type=I&library=CPFDTOTAL&fn=ZNXX201012027059
12. Salah-Ud-Din,Atif Bin Mansoor, Hassan Masood and Mustafa Mumtaz, “Personal Identification using Feature and Score level Fusion of Palm and Finger Prints” in special issue on "Unconstrained Biometrics: Advances and Trends" of the Signal, Image and Video Processing Journal 2011, volume 5, No 3, September, 2011. ISSN: 1863-1703
Web link: http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11760-011-0251-7#page-1
13. WaqarSarwar, RafiaMumtaz, Mustafa Mumtaz, “Accuracy Assessment of Geo-locations Using Multi Resolution Interpolated DEMs” in International Conference on Digital Image Processing (ICDIP 2012), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Web link: http://proceedings.spiedigitallibrary.org/proceeding.aspx?articleid=1353354
14. Mustafa Mumtaz, Atif Bin Mansoor ,Hassan Masood and RafiaMumtaz, “Computer Aided Visual Inspection of Aircraft Surfaces” Published in International Journal of Image Processing Volume 6 Issue 1 ISSN 1985-2304, 2012.
Web link: http://22.214.171.124/csc/manuscript/Journals/IJIP/volume6/Issue1/IJIP-490.pdf
15. Mustafa Mumtaz, Hassan Masood, Salah ud Din, RafiaMumtaz, “User Psychology and Behavioral Effect on Palmprint andFingerprint Based Multimodal Biometric System” Published in American Journal of Signal Processing 2012, 2(2): 1-9, DOI: 10.5923/j.ajsp.20120202.01
Web link: http://article.sapub.org/10.5923.j.ajsp.20120202.01.html
16. Mustafa Mumtaz, RafiaMumtaz and Hassan Masood, “Evaluation of Different Classifiers using Palmprint Based Personal Recognition in Conjunction with User Psychology Index in Authentication / Recognition Biometrics” In International Biometric Conference IBC, 6-11 July, 2014, Florence, Italy, ISBN-13: 978-0-9821919-3-4
Web link: https://imgsvr.eventrebels.com/ERImg/00/96/52/2452687/35590-2-12118.doc
17. RafiaMumtaz, Phil Palmer, AwaisShibli, Kashif Sharif, Mustafa Mumtaz, "Image based spacecraft pointing using Single Bank Dual Band Registration ", International Journal of Remote Sensing, 19 November, 2014.
18. Mustafa Mumtaz, RafiaMumtaz, Hassan Masood, “Discrete Cosine Transform Based Personal Identification Using Iris Images” Published in“International Conference on Latest Trends in Biotechnology and Biodiversity”, 24-26 August, 2015, Dubai, UAE
19. Rafia Mumtaz, Muddasser Hussain, Saba Sarwar, Komal Khan, Sadaf Mumtaz, Mustafa Mumtaz, “Automatic detection of retinal hemorrhages by exploiting image processing techniques for screening retinal diseases in diabetic patients” in Springer International Journal of Diabetes in Developing Countries, Int J Diabetes Dev Ctries DOI 10.1007/s13410-017-0561-6
20. Mustafa Mumtaz, “Bayesian Decision Fusion of Palm and Finger Prints for Personal Identification” Published in 62nd ISI World Statistics Congress, 18-23 August 2019.