1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
Diversity “multiple description” (MD) source coding promises graceful degradation in the presence of a priori unknown number of erased packets in the channel. A simple coding scheme for the case of two packets consists of oversampling the source by a factor of two and delta-sigma quantization. This approach was applied successfully to JPEG-based image coding over a lossy packet network, where the interpolation and splitting into two descriptions are done in the discrete cosine transform (DCT) domain. Moreover, unlike the classical source-channel separation approach - which is designed for a predetermined number of erasures (say,
© Copyright 2022 IEEE – All rights reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the IEEE Terms and Conditions.
A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.