1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
A key challenge in designing distributed particle filters is to minimize the communication overhead without compromising tracking performance. In this paper, we present two distributed particle filters that achieve robust performance with low communication overhead. The two filters construct a graph of the particles and exploit the graph Laplacian matrix in different manners to encode the particle log-likelihoods using a minimum number of coefficients. We validate their performance via simulations with very low communication overhead and provide a theoretical error bound for the presented filters.
© Copyright 2019 IEEE – All rights reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the IEEE Terms and Conditions.
A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.