1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
Over the last years, several stationarity tests have been proposed. One of these methods uses time-frequency representations and stationarized replicas of the signal (known as surrogates) for testing wide-sense stationarity. In this letter, we propose a procedure to improve the original surrogate test. The proposed methodology can be seen as a guideline on how the surrogate test can be improved. We show mathematically that the modified test should exhibit improved classification performance. Numerical simulations on synthetic and real-world signals are carried out to evaluate the modified test against competing ones.
© Copyright 2020 IEEE – All rights reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the IEEE Terms and Conditions.
A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.