1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
Motivated by the many applications associated with estimation of sparse multivariate models, the estimation of sparse directional connectivity between the imperfectly measured nodes of a network is studied. Node dynamics and interactions are assumed to follow a multivariate autoregressive model driven by noise, and the observations are a noisy linear combination of the underlying node activities. The corresponding maximum a posteriori (MAP) problem is derived to estimate system parameters. Due to the intractability of the MAP problem, the expectation maximization (EM) framework is used to iteratively implement the MAP estimation. To impose sparsity, the EM algorithm is augmented with an
© Copyright 2019 IEEE – All rights reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the IEEE Terms and Conditions.
A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.