1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
10 years of news and resources for members of the IEEE Signal Processing Society
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development is seeking a TechnicalProgram Manager, Information Exploitation to manage a diverse and expanding portfolio of projects in information exploitation and develop and sustain a trusted relationship with relevant sponsors in the DOD and intelligence communities.
1) Act as the primary interface with current and potential sponsors to develop and pursue seedling business initiatives and competitive research proposals to apply cutting edge science and technology with relevant sponsors. Develop and foster a trusted agent relationship with Program Managers, technical leaders, and contracts personnel. Understand all pertinent aspects of the Sponsor’s organization and interests and how they are likely to change over the next few years. Build and lead a highly competent team to execute the work of the Program. Coordinate Program efforts through the Project Managers to ensure on-time and within budget execution of Program tasking. Review and approve program deliverables to ensure they meet Sponsor needs and identify areas of risk and develop appropriate mitigation plans in coordination with sponsor requirements.
2) Provide thought leadership in basic and applied information sciences research and application to include image analysis, social media, large data, bioinformatics, natural language processing, and machine learning and make technical contributions, as appropriate, to specific tasks within the Program.
Special Working Conditions:
Regular travel to attend program reviews and technical symposia (15%).
Top Secret Clearance is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for an SSBI and access to classified information. Preference for current SSBI. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship.
How to Apply:
To apply for this opportunity, please go to our employment website (www.jhuapl.edu/employment), click Experienced Professionals and search for Job Number 70509.
If you experience any technical difficulties, contact Online-Appl-Feedback@jhuapl.edu.
We appreciate your interest in the Applied Physics Laboratory and wish you success in your job search and career endeavors.
APL is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and we value diversity in our workforce. As such we comply with all federal/state legislation to provide equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, age marital status, veteran status, or disability. Solely to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity record keeping, and other legal requirements, we invite you to complete an EEO self-identification form. You will be prompted to complete the form when applying on our website. Please note that providing this information is voluntary. Refusal to provide this information will not subject you to adverse treatment. The information you provide is confidential and will be kept separate from your other applicant information. This information will only be used for data reporting requirements and will not be considered in making any employment decisions.
(source: IEEE job site)
© Copyright 2021 IEEE – All rights reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the IEEE Terms and Conditions.
A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.