1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
10 years of news and resources for members of the IEEE Signal Processing Society
Location: North Sudbury, MA
Description: The Signal Processing Technology group in the Electrical Design Directorate needs experienced software engineers with a desire to work with state-of-the-art processing technologies and distributed high performance computing architectures to build next-generation Radar Signal Processing applications.
Responsibilities include work with Linux, Unix, and Real Time Operating Systems developing C/C++ language implementation of signal processing algorithms and time critical control functions involved in and direct control of sensor systems. The position includes software development and performance optimization on x86-based industry standard server platforms to meet real-time requirements, doing verification testing to ensure correct implementation, and laboratory integration and test.
Responsibilities also include working closely with Software Architects and Principal Systems, Hardware and Software engineers through which one will interpret requirements and implement in software. The candidate should have a proven record of performance in a highly motivated team environment, and will be collaborating with cross-functional project teams making up a larger program or internal research and development efforts.
This position can be a Salary Grade E04 or Salary Grade E05 based on the candidate''s qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
* 6 years minimum engineering experience.
* Experience in developing and optimizing algorithms for performance, preferably in a parallel processing environment or for exploitation of SIMD or vector processing units.
* Working experience of operating systems and computer architecture.
* Multithreaded applications development that includes hands-on experience testing and debugging in C++/C Linux or Unix environment, preferably on x86 processors.
* Bachelor''s degree in an engineering or scientific discipline. Advanced degree desirable.
* Direct experience implementing complex signal processing algorithms in C++ meeting latency and throughput performance requirements or experience in implementing complex control operations in software with defined performance timelines
* Working understanding of parallelism and concurrency as applied to algorithm implementation on shared memory and distributed systems
* Experience in multithreaded, multiprocessor software development using pthreads, OpenMP, or MPI programming models on clustered deployments.
* Experience developing applications for GPGPU and/or Intel Xeon Phi processors
* Familiar with software configuration management and development process control (i.e. CMMI)
* Experience in using version control tools such as Clearcase
* Continuous integration and test experience in a hardware/software laboratory environment
* Outstanding communications skills
* A strong team player who also has the ability to work independently
* A high degree of creativity and ability to solve a wide range of difficult problems
Ability to obtain a secret clearance: Background should include an ability to translate system performance and operational specifications into software requirements, design, and test specifications
For more details, please visit the IEEE jobsite.
|Call for Nominations: IEEE Technical Field Awards||15 January 2021|
|Call for Officer Nominations: President-Elect and Vice President-Technical Directions||19 February 2021|
|Nominate an IEEE Fellow today!||1 March 2021|
|Call for Nominations for Editor-in-Chief||5 April 2021|
|Call for Nominations: Chief Editor, SigPort and Chief Editor, Resource Center||5 April 2021|
© Copyright 2021 IEEE – All rights reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the IEEE Terms and Conditions.
A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.