1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
10 years of news and resources for members of the IEEE Signal Processing Society
Our SPS member Sadaoki Furui received the 63rd NHK (Nippon Hoso Kyokai: Japan Broadcasting Corporation) Broadcast Cultural Award on 22 March 2012 for his outstanding contributions to the theory and practice of automatic speech recognition technology which is now used in NHK’s closed captioning systems, as well as speaker recognition and multimedia search technology. This is an Oscar-like award in Japan mainly focused on novelists, actors, actresses, musicians, entertainers, and artists, but traditionally a scientist/engineer contributed to broadcasting is also awarded among the six recipients every year.
© Copyright 2020 IEEE – All rights reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the IEEE Terms and Conditions.
A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.