1. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine
2. Signal Processing Digital Library*
3. Inside Signal Processing Newsletter
4. SPS Resource Center
5. Career advancement & recognition
6. Discounts on conferences and publications
7. Professional networking
8. Communities for students, young professionals, and women
9. Volunteer opportunities
10. Coming soon! PDH/CEU credits
Click here to learn more.
10 years of news and resources for members of the IEEE Signal Processing Society
[Job Function:] QUALCOMM CDMA Technologies (QCT) is the largest provider of 3G chipset and software technology in the world, with chipsets shipped to more than 50 customers and powering the majority of all 3G devices commercially available. QCT partners with nearly 60 3G network operators around the globe and has the largest CDMA engineering team in the wireless industry.
QCT provides complete chipset solutions and integrated applications from the Launchpad suite of advanced technologies. Our integrated solutions offer device manufacturers reduced bill-of-materials costs, time-to-market, and development time. Mobile handsets powered by QCT chipsets can offer more features while maintaining a smaller, sleeker form-factor and benefiting from reduced power demands.
QCT values collaboration with its customers and partners and works closely with them to enable their success. We offer a wide range of tools to support the device development process, and develop new technologies based on the needs and demands of the wireless market. Devices for all market segments can now include features enabled by 3G wireless technology, in demand by a growing and increasingly sophisticated wireless community.
Speech and Audio Processing algorithm research and development and global standards development.
Leadership and individual technical roles available in the state-of-the-art speech processing algorithm research and development for Qualcomm's chipset solutions.
Lead key design and IP development activities for audio and speech signal processing algorithms, simulations, and DSP programming / development spectrum:
- Speech/Audio processing (speech coding, parametric / non-parametric audio coding, speech signal enhancement, noise suppression)
- Speech recognition (voice dialogue, vocabulary, speaker independent, continuous speech recognition technology)
- Speech synthesis (Formant synthesis, Articulatory synthesis, Hidden Markov Model, Waveform Interpolation)
QUALCOMM is the world's leading developer of next-generation wireless technology. Immediate opportunities exist in QCT Speech Division to work on features such as speech, multimedia audio, and 3D audio coding in both embedded and PC environments. Work with the group that enables these exciting features on mobile devices. It's fun and it's here!
[Responsibilities:] Expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- CELP Digital Voice Algorithm
- Low Bit-rate Codec
- Vector Quantization (VQ)
- Speech Enhancement
- Sub-band Coding
- Waveform Interpolation
- Sinucoidal Coding
- Parametric Audio Coding
- Perceptual Audio Coding
[Skills/Experience:] Experience with processes in Global Standards organization w.r.t speech and audio processing preferred. In-depth understanding of two or more of the areas mentioned above in addition to:
- Deep understanding of fundamentals applied to speech and / or music
- Expertise in signal processing techniques including signal modeling, spectral analysis, statistical signal processing, speech/audio perception, adaptive filter theory, noise suppression, independent component analysis and signal enhancement
- Expertise in compression methods for speech
- Experience in a UNIX development environment and C/C++ required
- DSP programming / development (speech processing, speech recognition or speech coding)
[Requirements:] Master's degree with 4 plus years of relevant industrial experience ideal. PhD degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis in digital signal processing / speech processing / audio signal processing preferred.
If interested, please view the details at IEEE jobsite.
© Copyright 2020 IEEE – All rights reserved. Use of this website signifies your agreement to the IEEE Terms and Conditions.
A not-for-profit organization, IEEE is the world's largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity.